IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PROCEED WITH ANY PROJECT SAFELY. YOU NEED TO MAKE ALL THE NECESSARY CHANGES TO YOUR PROJECT BUILDING AREA TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF YOURSELF AND THOSE AROUND YOU DURING YOUR BUILD. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR SAFETY OR THOSE AROUND YOU. THAT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
Time to build. We will start with MMDVMHost as this is the heart of the whole project.
You can purchase these via Amazon, Ebay or a few other place on the internet. BUT be carefull, there are some fake boards out there and some seller do not have a good reputation. PLEASE do a little back ground check on you seller BEFORE you part with hard earned cash.
I recommend The Pi Hut to purchase your Raspberry Pi but there are so many selling MMDVM type boards I look at a number of them before I buy, therefore I don’t have a recommendation on a prefered seller.
First, I only had the one Raspberry Pi and MMDVM HS_DUAL-HAT with me as I didn’t plan on building the SUPERSPOT while on holiday. So I needed to buy an SD Card to start.
- Download the latest Rasbian lite from https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian_lite_latest
- Write the image to the SD Card using https://www.balena.io/etcher/ which available for Windows, MacOS and Linux
- I manually added the detail to access the internet (WiFi) that I had with me and turned on SSH which is disabled by default
- I then logged in and immediately updated Rasbian. I then install GIT and WIRINGPI which are both needed to compile MMDVMHost and the other GIT projects I will need for the SUPERSPOT build
- After downloding the MMDVMHost GIT, I complied it and then set about configuring the ini file to suit the job for the SUPERSPOT. At this point only DMR would be setup
- After the config and testing to ensure that it would fire up, I added the ability for the Raspberry Pi to start MMDVMHost on boot up
- Next I downloaded and compiled DAPNETGATEWAY and modified the MMDVMHost ini file to support POCSAG. Also made the required changes to the DAPNETGATEWAY ini file to suit
- After testing this and confirming that the two applications would run side by side successfully, I added DAPNETGATEWAY to the system to allow the Raspberry Pi to start that automatically too.
|I have a PDF that has detailed instruction for you to follow which can be found HERE on my Google Drive. I have disabled download and print for this document as I will be making correction and changes as required. If you would like a copy to print then please don’t hesitate to contact via my CONTACTS page or spot a mistake that needs correcting.
|MMDVM SUPERSPOT BUILD