Due to the changes going on at Brandmeister UK, my Hotspots have been moved to Brandmeister Ireland. There is a ‘POLICE STATE’ mentality that has crept it’s way into Brandmeister UK and I won’t be a party to this behavour.
IF, thing change at Brandmeister UK, I would consider moving my hotspots back to the UK server but for now they will be staying on a server where everybody is welcome.
For those who are interested here is the region map for the UK as it now stands. Interesting that as big as they are, they can’t link direct to the page. I have add the correct link which you can access by clicking on the image below.
Over the past few weeks I managed to get myself appointed to sort out the Digital interconnects for the RayNet-UK DMR, D-Star and YSF(C4FM) connections.
First I was asked to sort the BrandMeister and Phoenix on Talk Group 23531. Once that was sorted I needed to get a link to D-Star up and running.
The next challenge was a YSF Reflector and a link back to the DMR side. I setup the YSF Reflector and had that working perfectly. Then started to work on the link to DMR.
That went smoothly too after I had sorted out the ports fir the networking side. I connected the DMR Link and the YSF Reflector together and then we had DMR, D-Star and YSF connection where any Amateur Radio Operator using on of the 3 modes could talk to each other as if the were on the same mode a the next operator.
This was a challenging project and I’m glad I have done it. It (the project), is not a thing that I would expect everybody to do but will assist anyone who asks for assistance to do a similar thing for their own situation.
Please use my contacts page if you would like help doing something similar.
The TAIT TM8110 and TAIT programming cable have arrived. I already had a 10A DC power supply so will be putting that into service. Coax should go in this weekend and the antenna installed so all going well, MB6NG will be on air for RF testing soon.
Have ordered a TAIT TM8110 and TAIT programming cable for MB6NG and it they should arrive around Friday. Once they arrive, I need to source a power supply that will power MB6NG as the power supply I have I feel is a little too heavy with the electricity but may use it to start with. The antenna and coax I ordered at the beginning of November last year and is waiting to be installed.
Having come back from holidays and the advent of COVID-19, I haven’t done much with Amateur Radio. I intend on getting MB6NG on air soon so watch for that. More information on MB6NG can be found here.
Will be ordering another radio to do this job as I have been told that the TAIT radio’s are a little more reliable than the Motorola radio I have. I will repurpose the Motorola for another project.
I did while on holidays fire up my Pi-Star hotspots and found that I had forgotten some of the operation procedures associated wit Pi-Star. Didn’t take long to work out what I needed to do to get going again.
I have been taken a diversion from the superspot project. I have been working on a raynet site for a group that i am involved with. Phase one of that project has been completed and I am about to start on phase 2. Phase 3 will follow shortly after that.
Have started to learn how to program nextion screen’s. This will be the final polish on my SuperSpot when that is finished. Learning to program these screens appears to be not as easy as I first thought so I will have to put a bit of effort into learning how to program these screens.